Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New or unfamiliar with Moffett Library's electronic resources? This guide is designed to help resolve the most common problems that patrons experience when accessing the library's eResources.
*This is intended as a very general guide. For help using specific eResources, please contact the Reference Desk.
eResources Troubleshooting Tips
Whether you are new or familiar to using Moffett Library’s eResources, the most common problems experienced by patrons are being unable to access full text content (ex: prompted for payment to view the content); or receiving an error message of some type.
Moffett Library staff are always happy to help - and if there are problems with any of our eResources please let us know! However, you may be able to troubleshoot the problem yourself by following the steps below.
- Check our eResources Status page to see if your access issue is currently listed and if/when a resolution is expected.
- Are you accessing the library’s eResources through the MSU Portal? (See 'Logging into MSU Portal' video.)
- Are Moffett Library patrons allowed to access this content? Search for the eResource in PRIMO, the library’s catalog, to see if access is available. Remember to pay attention to the availability dates listed in the items record - we may not have access to content from all years.
- Does the resources display 'Access brought to you by Midwestern State University' anywhere on the page? Not all eResource platforms will state this, but on many platforms a message or logo will be displayed once you are successfully logged in as a MSU user.
- Try accessing the eResource via a different route e.g. if you are using a bookmarked link, accessing via Google Scholar etc., then try going via PRIMO. If you have followed an article or book chapter record, try searching for the eJournal or eBook title instead and navigating to the section you require.
- Check that you are using the latest version of your browser, and update this if necessary. It is worthwhile trying to access the eResource using a different web browser to see if you still experience the problem. Chrome is the recommended browser for accessing library eResources.
- Try clearing your browser cookies and cache and opening the resource again.
- Have you experienced any error screens while accessing Moffett Library's databases that state your connection is not private, your connection is not secure, security connection failed, or a similar message? You will need to clear your HSTS Settings in your browser. You can find these instructions here.
- If you are still experiencing problems or think that something isn't working correctly, then please contact the library for help or submit an Error Report. Information on how to contact the library, and the type of information you can include to help us identify the problem, are included in the 'Contacting the Library for Help' section of this guide.
Get Help or Report an Issue
If you require help using any of our library electronic resources, or discover any access, downtime or technical issues with Moffett Library resources which are not listed on this page, please let us know.
- Error Report: To submit an error report, please click here.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 940-397-4758
- In person: The reference desk is located on the 1st floor.