Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
United States Government Manual
- Official handbook of the federal government provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches.
The White House
- Main website for the White House and the President of the United States.
United States Courts
- U.S. Adminstrative Office of U.S. Courts.
Legal Information Institute
- Information on federal law from Cornell University Law School.
Government Information Connection
- Government information connection from the University of North Texas.
Federal Court Concepts
- Introduction to the American federal court system including basic information about the structure of federal courts, what kind of cases the courts hear, and how to use federal court decisions in research from Georgia Tech.
Federal Statutory Law
United States Code
- The codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
Public and Private Laws
- Official publication of the law and is competent evidence admissible in all state and Federal courts and tribunals of the United States.
United States Statutes at Large
1789-1875 Statutes at Large
- The permanent collection of all laws and resolutions enacted during each session of Congress.
- Legislative proposals from the House of Representatives and Senate within the United States Congress
- House documents, Senate documents, and Senate treaty documents.
- A meeting or session of a Senate, House, joint, or special committee of Congress.
- The official record of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress.
- Reports that originate from congressional committees and deal with proposed legislation and issues under investigation.
United States Reports
- United States Reports is a series of bound case reporters that are the official reports of decisions for the United States Supreme Court.
Federal Administrative Law